- Comprehensive list of bloggers who love Kid/YA books, including group blogs.
- A list of authors and illustrators who blog with up-to-date links.
- Monthly carnivals of children's literature with links to great blog posts.
- Poetry Fridays, a weekly assortment of poetry-themed musings and original content.
- Nonfiction Mondays, giving bloggers a chance to share nonfiction books for children and teens.
- An annual in real life conference for "movers and shakers in the kidlit community." If you're not in the D.C. area this Saturday, October 17, you may track the conference via twitter by searching for #kidlitcon. (That's what I'll be doing, since I don't have Hermione's time turner.)
- A series of book awards called Cybils given by children’s and young adult book bloggers with only two criteria: literary merit and kid appeal.
Friday, October 16, 2009
All Things Kidlitospheric
I don't get lonely on the Fire Escape. How could I, when I'm surrounded by a host of supportive bloggers who love books for kids and teens? If you haven't been introduced to the Kidlitosphere yet, this is a good time to start. What does this virtual community offer?