Here are some of the questions I plan to ask Paula, David, and Janet:
- What was your experience growing up as an Asian-American? How did you connect to the "Asian" part of your heritage (if at all)?
- What are some advantages of the "multicultural" label when it comes to books and authors?
- What are some disadvantages?
- How do you feel about authors who aren't Asians writing about Asia or creating Asian characters?
- How do American standards of beauty affect an Asian-American child?
- Do you see pop culture changing when it comes to being Asian-American? If so, why?
- What are you working on now?