- New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2006).
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen (Viking Children’s Books, 2006)
- How to Ruin a Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles (Flux, 2006).
- Maximum Ride: School’s Out – Forever by (Hachette Book Group USA/Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2006).
- Firegirl by (Hachette Book Group USA/Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2006).
- All Hallows Eve (13 Stories)by (Harcourt, 2006).
- Life As We Knew It by (Harcourt, 2006).
- River Secrets by Shannon Hale (Bloomsbury, 2006).
- Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe (HarperCollins, 2006).
- Road of the Dead by (Chicken House, 2006).
TTT is a “teen choice” booklist, put together as part of YALSA’s Young Adult (YA) Galley Project, which facilitates access to advance copies of young adult books to national teen book discussion groups. These groups evaluated books published between January 2006 through April 2007 and then created a list of 25 nominations. Teen voters across the country then cast ballots for their three favorites, creating the 2007 Teens’ Top Ten. Final nominations for the 2008 Teens’ Top Ten vote will be posted in April at www.ala.org/teenstopten.
To learn more about the teen book groups and participating in the YA Galley program, visit www.ala.org/teenstopten. Publishers interested in participating in the program may contact Nichole Gilbert, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
For 50 years, YALSA has been the world leader in selecting books, videos, and audio books for teens. For more information about YALSA or for lists of recommended reading, viewing and listening, go to www.ala.org/yalsa/booklists, or contact the YALSA office by phone, , ext. 4390; or e-mail: email@example.com.